Mist (Tile-In) Center Shower Drain
Delmar Square Mist (Tile Insert) is the epitome of modern classic design in center shower drains. These innovative center shower drains, also known as ‘invisible’ drains, feature a tile insert design, seamlessly blending into your shower floor for a look that’s both elegant and unobtrusive. Whether for remodeling projects or new constructions, QM Delmar tile insert drains stand out with their shallow installation depth, making them a perfect choice for both aesthetics and practicality.
- Placement: Centrally located, four-way pitched drain and can be combined with all standard tile formats.
- Grate: Tile insert tray. It can accommodate any tile, stone or other flooring material up to 1/2” thick. Made with stainless steel marine grade 316 from top to bottom.
- Outlet: 2″ Center location.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate and a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes. Read cleaning instructions
- Easy Flexible installation: For standard installations, our 2” Clamp-Down Drain Bases, available in PVC, ABS, and Cast Iron, perfectly complement the Square Drains, providing a reliable foundation. Opt for modern waterproofing with our Bonded Flange and Superdry membranes, exclusively designed for compatibility with our 4″ QM Square Drain. For a mortar-free solution, explore the QM Shower Pan – a comprehensive kit that eliminates slope and waterproofing challenges, revolutionizing your installation process.
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers.
- Center Drain Kit includes: Drain Base, Drain Grate, Hair Strainer, and Lifting Key.
Standard Waterproofing Installation Instructions:
Step 1. Frame out shower surround as required.
Step 2. Connect drain flange body to the drain pipe, leaving drain bolts in place. Block drain opening with rag to prevent floor mortar blocking pipe work.
Step 3. Trowel mortar bed over subfloor, pitch at a 1/4” per foot slope in four directions towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet. Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw the QM drain base into the drain flange, adjust height as needed. Proper height should be determined by flooring contractor.
Step 7. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 8. Once floor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 9. Install the grate into QM drain base. For Mist or Veil (Tile-in) spread a layer of mortar into the grate, allowing for thin-set and material to finish flush with metal frame.
- Waterproof membrane should be installed tested per manufacturer’s instructions, local building and plumbing codes.
- QM recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- QM drain fits into most common 2” ABS, PVC or Cast Iron shower drain flange.
- Hair stainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should the square drain be placed in the middle of the shower floor?
Not really, it is normal placed there because of existing plumbing location, what it is really important is that the floor is pitched in four directions towards the drain.
What are the differences between Stainless Steel finishes and Brass finishes? Can I mix and Match?
Satin Stainless steel, also called Brush Steel, it is the ideal finish to match with Brush Nickel or Satin Nickel fixtures. Polished Stainless Steel is similar to Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. Brush Brass, Champagne Gold can be match with Satin Gold or Bronze and ORB fixtures with Black.
If you consider the distance between your bathroom fixtures and also the overall static design, an equal match is not always necessary; mix and match can be a great way to boost your project.
Does the drain come with a drain flange or clampdown drain?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with Kit. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate and includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
If you have any other question, please contact us at: email@example.com