Nami Center Drain
Nami, named after the Japanese word for wave and inspired by beautiful ripple marks on a sandy beach.
The modern classic among center shower drains. Delmar center drains come in two size to complement any bathroom to perfection. QM center shower drains are ideal for remodeling as well as new construction due to the low installation depth.
- Placement: Centrally located, four-way pitched drain and can be combined with all standard tile formats. Made with stainless steel marine grade 316 from top to bottom.
- Outlet: 2″ Center location.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate and a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
- Easy installation: Threaded Adaptor with rubber O-ring aids adjusting the height of drain and securing the drain to the flange. See installation instructions
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers.
Step 1. Frame out shower surround as required.
Step 2. Connect drain flange body to the drain pipe, leaving drain bolts in place. Block drain opening with rag to prevent floor mortar blocking pipe work.
Step 3. Trowel mortar bed over subfloor, pitch at a 1/4” per foot slope in four directions towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet. Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw the QM drain base into the drain flange, adjust height as needed. Proper height should be determined
by flooring contractor.
Step 7. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 8. Once floor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 9. Install the grate into QM drain base. For Mist or Veil (Tile-in) spread a layer of mortar into the grate, allowing for thinset and material to finish flush with metal frame.
- Waterproof membrane should be installed tested per manufacturer’s instructions, local building and plumbing codes.
- QM recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- QM drain fits into most common 2” ABS, PVC or Cast Iron shower drain flange.
- Hair stainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should the square drain be placed in the middle of the shower floor?
Not really, it is normal placed there because of existing plumbing location, what it is really important is that the floor is pitched in four directions towards the drain.
What are the differences between Stainless Steel finishes and Brass finishes? Can I mix and Match?
Satin Stainless steel, also called Brush Steel, it is the ideal finish to match with Brush Nickel or Satin Nickel fixtures. Polished Stainless Steel is similar to Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. Brush Brass, Champagne Gold can be match with Satin Gold or Bronze and ORB fixtures with Black.
If you consider the distance between your bathroom fixtures and also the overall static design, an equal match is not always necessary; mix and match can be a great way to boost your project.
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with Kid. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate and includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
If you have any other question, please contact us.