Veil (Tile-In) Center Drain
The Lagos center is our most cost-effective series of center drains that allow you to enjoy a modern and timeless design with the best quality. Lagos drains are built with the perfect combination, a grate made of 100% stainless steel marine grade 316, which guarantees the best durability and resistance to corrosion produced by cleaning and water softener chemicals and a base made of ABS plastic, known for being tough, rigid & chemical resistant.
- Placement: Centrally located, four-way pitched drain and can be combined with all standard tile formats.
- Grate: Tile insert. It can accommodate any tile, stone or other flooring material up to 1/2” thick.
- Material: Stainless steel marine grade 316 on all the edges in an ABS plastic body.
- Outlet: 2” center location outlet.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate and a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes. Read cleaning instructions for more details.
- Easy installation: Outlet thread into the drain flange, easy to adjust height as needed.
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers.
- Sizes: 4″ and 5 3/4″
Lagos Square Center Drain technical specifications
Center Drain Installation Instructions – Standard Waterproofing
Center Drain Installation Instructions – Concrete Floors
Step 1. Frame out shower surround as required.
Step 2. Connect drain flange body to the drain pipe, leaving drain bolts in place. Block drain opening with rag to prevent floor mortar blocking pipe work.
Step 3. Trowel mortar bed over subfloor, pitch at a 1/4” per foot slope in four directions towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet. Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw the QM drain base into the drain flange, adjust height as needed. Proper height should be determined
by flooring contractor.
Step 7. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 8. Once floor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 9. Install the grate into QM drain base. For Mist or Veil (Tile-in) spread a layer of mortar into the grate, allowing for thinset and material to finish flush with metal frame.
- Waterproof membrane should be installed and tested per manufacturer’s instructions, local building and plumbing codes.
- QM recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- QM drain fits into most common 2” ABS, PVC or Cast Iron shower drain flange.
- Hair strainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow
Frequently Asked Questions
Should the square drain be placed in the middle of the shower floor?
Not really, it is normal placed there because of existing plumbing location, what it is really important is that the floor is pitched in four directions towards the drain.
What are the differences between Stainless Steel finishes and Brass finishes? Can I mix and Match?
Satin Stainless steel, also called Brush Steel, it is the ideal finish to match with Brush Nickel or Satin Nickel fixtures. Polished Stainless Steel is similar to Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. Brush Brass, Champagne Gold can be match with Satin Gold or Bronze and ORB fixtures with Black.
If you consider the distance between your bathroom fixtures and also the overall static design, an equal match is not always necessary; mix and match can be a great way to boost your project.
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with kit. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate and includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
If you have any other question, please contact us.