Veil (Tile-In) Linear Drain
Stylish minimalism. The Veil short linear drain opens up a whole new world of design freedom. It’s a tileable grate in five attractive finishes: stainless steel satin, polished, satin gold, black matte, and bronze. It couldn’t be easier to tailor to individual taste and requirements.
- Variable positioning: Versatile, can be installed anywhere in the shower except shower entrance and can be combined with all standard tile formats.
- Grate: Tile insert. It can accommodate any tile, stone or other flooring material up to 1/2” thick.
- Material: Stainless steel marine grade 316 on all the edges in an ABS plastic body. Variable positioning: Versatile, can be installed anywhere in the shower except shower entrance and can be combined with all standard tile formats.
- Outlet: 2” center located outlet.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate and a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes. Read cleaning instructions for more details.
- Easy installation: Plain Edge is intended for use with standard waterproofing methods. Waterproofing is installed before the drain base is connected. Outlet adapter thread into the drain flange, easy to adjust height as needed.
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers.
Step 1. Determine where the drain will be positioned, frame out shower surround
Step 2. Connect drain flange body to the drain pipe, leaving drain bolts in
place. Block drain opening with rag to prevent floor mortar blocking pipe work.
Step 3. Trowel mortar onto subfloor, pitch at a ¼” per foot slope in direction towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet. Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw threaded nipple into the drain flange, adjust to desired height.
Step 7. Place the drain channel into the threaded nipple. Use the adjustable feet to keep the drain channel in the correct position and level
Step 8. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 9. Once floor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 10. Install the grate into the shower linear base. For Mist (Tile-in) spread a layer of mortar into the
grate, allowing for thinset and material to finish flush with metal frame. For Bay 2-in-1 Reversible Grate drain comes preselected in the Smooth Satin Stainless Steel side, if the desire side to use is the Tile-In, please remove Plastic Legs from the grate using Key included in set, and place Plastic Legs back on the opposite side. Ensure Legs are fully snapped on grate.
- Waterproof membrane should be installed and tested per manufacturer’s instructions and local building and plumbing codes.
- QM recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- QM drain fits into most common 2” ABS, PVC or Cast Iron shower drain flange.
- Hair Stainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with Kid. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate and includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
If you have any other question, please contact us.