Mist (Tile-In) Adjustable Delmar Linear Drain
Flexibility: Extremely. QM Adjustable allows you to modify length of the grate and channel on-site to exact specifications, and place outlet anywhere along channel run. It comes with every part needed to create your design without modifying your existing plumbing.
It was designed to give modernity and beauty without restrictions.
- Base: Pre-sloped low profile channel, adjust length on site. Create any length by connecting multiple kits.
- Grate: Tile insert tray. It can accommodate any tile, stone or other flooring material up to 1/2” thick. Can be cut to your specific length.
- Outlet: 2″ or 3″ High Flow outlet. Adjust outlet position on site.
- Material: 100% Stainless Steel Marine Grade 316.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate. Only 2″ outlet includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes. See Cleaning Instructions here.
- Installation: Drain needs to be assembled on site, requires time but simple steps. Kit includes: Grate, Base, Outlet, Joiners, Trims, Hair Strainer*, Threaded Nipple, Leveling Legs, Key, and Stainless Steel Cutting Blade for grinder. Read installation instructions for more details and also watch installation video for reference.
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers, and all other outdoor applications like pool, deck, patio, terraces, etc.
- Sizes available: 36″, 48″, 60″, 72″ & 96″. Create any length by connecting multiple kits.
Step 1. Determine where the drain will be positioned, frame out shower surround as required.
Step 2. Connect drain range body to the drain pipe, leaving drain bolts in place. Cover the drain opening to prevent poor mortar blocking pipe work.
Step 3. Trowel mortar onto subdoor, pitch at a 1⁄4” per foot slope in direction towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet. Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw threaded nipple into the drain flange, adjust to desired height.
Step 7. Calculate finished drain length, allowing for wall & tile thickness and 8” for the outlet. For full drain length, cut the base where the center of the outlet section will be placed. For shorter length, remove equal amounts (half of total amount to be removed) from each cut of base. (Example: if 4” needs to be removed, cut 2” from each side).
Tool: Use enclosed Stainless Steel cutting blade or a Handheld Hacksaw with 32 TPI for cleanest cut.
- Draw a straight line on the back of the base where the cut will be made.
- Clamp base to stable, level surface for cutting.
- Cut drain base at 450 angles. Use a 300 angle on corners.
- Gently file edges.
- Do not bend or pull away pieces being cut from base, allow cut pieces to fall away
Step 8. Clean all parts. On a flat, stable surface, align the cut ends of the base with the outlet section. To join
the base pieces to the outlet, attach joiner strips to the underside of the seams, using QM Sealant.
Step 9. Glue the channel end caps to the channel using QM Sealant.
Step 10. Glue the trim pieces on each edge of the channel.
Tips: Cover the inside of the base with blue painter tape to avoid staining the base with sealant residual.
Step 11. Place the drain base into the threaded nipple. Use the adjustable feet to keep the drain channel into the correct position and level.
Tips: If it is necessary create a mortar bed under the length of the base to ensure support. Make sure base is straight and level before continue with next step.
Step 12. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 13. Once poor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 14. Place the grate into the base. Note: the grate might need to be cut to fit inside the base easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need an adjustable linear drain?
- The length of the drain: for an exact length that is not available in our standard or fixed length series.
- High Flow Water: If you are designing a shower that has a GPM higher than what a standard 2” pipe will handle, you need to use an Adjustable Linear drain.
- Location of the Outlet: If the pipe is off-center, using an adjustable linear drain allows you to place the outlet anywhere. Then, the drain will appear to be centered, saving the expense of moving the existing pipe.
Where in the floor should a linear shower drain be positioned?
Drain position is determined by the location of the existing plumbing and your design preference. The most common placements/configurations are:
- Along the wall
- At the threshold or entrance
- In the center
What are the differences between Stainless Steel finishes and Brass finishes? Can I mix and Match?
Satin Stainless steel, also called Brush Steel, it is the ideal finish to match with Brush Nickel or Satin Nickel fixtures. Polished Stainless Steel is similar to Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. Brush Brass, Champagne Gold can be match with Satin Gold or Bronze and ORB fixtures with Black.
If you consider the distance between your bathroom fixtures and also the overall static design, an equal match is not always necessary; mix and match can be a great way to boost your project.
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with kit. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate. 2″ outlet linear drain kit includes a hair strainer that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
What are the weight restrictions/ Max Load?
The drain load is based on the certificate clasificación, so they are designed for Light to medium duties . So sidewalks, residential parking, that means up to 4999 lbs.
It is called load class A and B
What is the closest my outlet can be to the edge of the drain?
6″ (Delmar series)
What product warranty does QM Drain offer? Where do I register my product?
Our QM Products do not require registration. Keep your receipt with the date you purchased the drain.
If you wish to submit your drain for warranty coverage you need to send the receipt and detailed pictures of the product and its occurring issue.
If you have any other question, please contact us.