Mist (Tile-In) Linear Drain
Linear Drain Standard Length
Variable positioning: Versatile, linear drains can be installed anywhere in the shower and can be combined with all standard tile formats.
- Base: Low profile standard Flange edge channel. Pre-sloped standard plain edge , flange edge or side outlet . Ideal for new and renovation projects and generally for all bathrooms where space is tight.
- Outlet: 2” center located outlet.
- Material: Made with stainless steel marine grade 316 from top to bottom. It makes it the perfect linear drain for your indoor or outdoor shower.
- Grate: Tile insert tray. It can accommodate any tile, stone or other flooring material up to 1/2” thick. Flange Edge bases have frameless Tile-In tray. It is suitable for any thickness of flooring.
- Application: Indoor and Outdoor Shower.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate and a hair strainer* (not included with Flange Edge bases) that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes. Read cleaning instruction for more details.
- Easy installation: Plain Edge is intended for use with standard waterproofing methods. Waterproofing is installed before the drain base is connected. Threaded adaptor with rubber O-ring aids adjusting the height of linear drain and securing the linear drain to the flange, equipped with adjustable feet on both sides, to help keep the drain channel in the correct position and level during installation. Flange Edge and Side Outlet Flange Edge are intended for use with modern waterproofing methods (liquid or fabric type). Waterproofing is installed over the edge of the drain base. Outlet is connected to the pipe using a coupling. Read installation instructions for more details.
QM Drain Standard Length Plain Edge Technical Specifications
QM Drain Standard Length Flange Edge Technical Specifications
QM Drain Standard Length Side Outlet Technical Specifications
Installation Instructions: Standard Waterproofing
Installation Instructions: Modern Waterproofing
Installation Instructions: Standard Waterproofing
Step 1. Determine where the drain will be positioned, frame out shower surround as required.
Step 2. Connect drain
Step 3. Trowel mortar onto subfloor, pitch at a ¼” per foot slope in direction towards the shower base.
Step 4. Install waterproof membrane, reinforce around outlet and cut carefully to expose heads of drain bolts and outlet.
Install clamping ring.
Step 5. Test membrane for leaks.
Step 6. Screw threaded nipple into the drain flange, adjust to desired height.
Step 7. Place the drain channel into the threaded nipple. Use the adjustable feet to keep the drain channel in the correct position and level.
Step 8. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 9. Once floor mortar has cured, apply thin set and install tile and grout.
Step 10. Install the grate into the shower linear base.
For Mist (Tile-in) spread a layer of mortar into the grate, allowing for thinset and material to finish flush with metal frame.
- Waterproof membrane should be installed and tested per manufacturer’s instructions and local building and plumbing codes.
- QM recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- QM drain fits into most common 2” ABS, PVC or Cast Iron shower drain flange.
- Hair strainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where in the floor should a linear shower drain be positioned?
Drain position is determined by the location of the existing plumbing and your design preference. The most common placements/configurations are:
- Along the wall
- At the threshold or entrance
- In the center
What are the differences between Stainless Steel finishes and Brass finishes? Can I mix and Match?
Satin Stainless steel, also called Brush Steel, it is the ideal finish to match with Brush Nickel or Satin Nickel fixtures. Polished Stainless Steel is similar to Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. Brush Brass, Champagne Gold can be match with Satin Gold or Bronze and ORB fixtures with Black.
If you consider the distance between your bathroom fixtures and also the overall static design, an equal match is not always necessary; mix and match can be a great way to boost your project.
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with kit. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Is there a hair catching grid that is accessible by lifting the grate?
Yes, completely removable grate and includes a hair strainer (only plain edge bases) that fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris, preventing clogged pipes.
If you have any other question, please contact us.