Supreme is a unique linear shower drain that solves one of the biggest problems facing installers and plumbers in construction and remodeling, eliminating the need to relocate existing plumbing when the water outlet is located a few inches off-center.
This award winning product offers an independent base that houses an internal rail system which enables the grate to be in a different position than the base and the outlet. Supreme was designed with functionality and aesthetics being the primary principles in mind, creating a minimal, yet refined shower drain with a straightforward installation.
- Flexibility: Supreme’s superior design provides a flexible 8” range from the center of the shower, allowing you to center your drain without moving the existing pipe.
- Base: houses an internal rail system which enables the grate to be in a different position than the base and the outlet allowing you to center your drain without moving the existing pipe.
- Outlet: Drain base has an offset 2” outlet. This feature allows you to rotate the base to accommodate a left or right position and the sliders adjust to connect the grate in a different position than the outlet.
- Sizes: 30”, 40”, 50” & 60”. The grate can be cut to your specific length and multiple drains can be aligned to accommodate multiple outlets.
- Material: 100% Stainless Steel Marine 316.
- Easy cleaning: Completely removable grate. Read cleaning instruction for more details.
- Easy installation: Supreme is intended for use with standard waterproofing methods. Waterproofing is installed before the drain base is connected. Threaded adaptor with rubber O-ring aids adjusting the height of linear drain and securing the linear drain to the flange. See installation Instructions.
- Application: Indoor and outdoor showers.
- Kit includes: Grate, Base, Threaded Nipple/Adaptor, Wedges, Level, Key, and Stainless Steel Cutting Blade for grinder (only for Satin)
Step 1. Have your shower area ready, waterproofing installed and tested.
Step 2. Mark the center of your shower and screw threaded nipple into the drain flange, adjust to desired height.
Step 3. Insert the drain channel into the threaded nipple.
Step 4. Trowel mortar to required height.
Step 5. Once mortar has cured, move the railing sliders into position, each at 4.5” from the center of the hower.
Step 6. Attach the grate to the channel. With the sliders positioned correctly, place the grate over the base and make sure the grate looks centered in the shower, adjust accordingly.
6a. Once grate and slider position are verified, apply sealant around the top edge of the base and thin-set to
the bottom of the grate or remove the paper backing from the sealant tape.
6b. Install grate on top of the base and screw into the sliders using the enclosed screws.
Step 7. Verify that the grate is perfectly straight and level before installing the floor. Use enclosed wedges to raise any part of the grate if needed.
Step 8. Apply thin-set and install tile and grout.
Step 9. Remove the stainless steel protector and place the removable grate
- Waterproof membrane should be installed and tested per manufacturer’s instructions and local building and plumbing codes.
- QM® recommends this product to be installed by a licensed contractor.
- Failure to achieve adequate floor slope will result in standing water problems or slow water flow.
- Recommended slope for a shower floor is about 4 percent, or a 1/2 inch drop per every 12 inches from the shower walls to the drain.
- QM® Drain fits into the most common 2” ABS, PVC or cast iron shower drain flange.
- Lifting key assists with grate removal.
- Hair strainer basket fits inside the drain to collect hair and other debris preventing pipe clogs. Empty basket as needed to maintain optimal performance. The use of the basket is optional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I only use Supreme when the outlet is off center?
No, you can also install Supreme if your drain pipe is perfectly center. If the pipe is anywhere between center and 8” left or right you can install Supreme easily.
Where in the floor should a Supreme linear shower drain be positioned?
Drain position is determined by the location of the existing plumbing and your design preference. Supreme can be installed:
- Along the wall
- In the center
Does the drain come with a flange?
No, Clampdown flange is not included with Kit. If needed, see all options in Parts.
How do you remove the grate for cleaning?
A lifting key is included in your kit. That key is for removing the grate for cleaning.
Do I have to have the hair strainer installed?
Strainer is removable and optional to use. It is recommended but not required.
If you have any other question, please contact us.